DuroMax XP10000E Gas Powered Portable Generator Review
The Duromax generator is low priced and also gas powered which a features 16.0 horsepower air cooled engine that cranks out about 8000 watts to 9500 watts of power and a surge of 10000. It is also inclusive of an easy electric start and a standard recoil start. In addition to that, it has never flat tires and a flip-up handle. It has an 8.3-gallon gas tank. To avoid damage if the oil is low, the generator has automatic low oil shut. If you are concerned about storage space, the generator measures 40 × 29 × 27.5 inches and weighs 129 pounds. At 50 percent you should get up to 10 hours of running time for the 8.3 gallons. It requires 8000 running watts and 10000 starting watts.
As the name suggests, the generator is portable therefore can be carried around for any outdoor activities. To ensure the generator fits your needs, I will take you through a guide to show you the parts of the generator.
[easyazon_link identifier="B0018C6BDE" locale="US" nw="y" nf="y" tag="thepophome-20" cart="n"]DuroMax XP10000E Gas Powered Portable Generator[/easyazon_link]
Rating: 4.0 / 5.0
Fully loaded power panel
It allows you to get an utmost power from every of the 120-volt receptacles. You can as well choose between running the generator at 120 volts and 240 volts at the same time or at 120 volts only when the power is full.
At first, I was worried about overloading it but I later realized that this is not really a problem with its 33 amperes circuit breaker.
It has a voltmeter that enables you to monitor the generator's output range all the time. It also has a charge indicator light that lets you know when the starter battery is charging.
With the electric start, it is very easy to run it. In case the battery is not fully charged, you are required to use the single pull recoil to set it up. My 8-year-old son can do it without trouble and if you can read this then you are good to go.
In the box, there is a wheel kit with a flip-up not to forget the stowaway handle. There is something I really loved about its body. The generator is very smooth and gentle to the hands. It also features a steel frame (heavy duty) roll cage which has four separate motor mounts to enable quiet and smooth operation. The all-terrain never flat tires allow flexibility and improve mobility on not only smooth but also rough surfaces. Its wheel type can be described as an 8 inch knobby all terrain pneumatic solid filled tire.
Other features include:
- A highly developed automatic voltage regulator system
- Operator toolkit
- One year warranty
- Battery for electric starter
- Generator tool kit
The customers who bought this generator were fascinated by the fact that the generator goes for 890$ but works very well as compared to other generators. Before I decided to purchase this model, I went through the customer reviews to ensure I wasn't making a mistake.
I realized that the generator is suitable for a household. When there is a power outage in my home, it supports my five bedroom house as long as power is out.
The generator does not require a lot of maintenance. You need to keep the area free of dust and water. It is also important that you change the oil from time to time as most generator problems are related to oil. I may not be able to explain the chemical reactions but at least I know what to do, right?
Although the gasoline gallon is quite big, it is important that you have storage just in case there is a power shortage for longer than expected. Remember to store it away from children to avoid accidents.
Your generator needs
Just like other things, everyone has different generator needs. Others have more needs while others have less. In order to determine your needs, to you are supposed to add up the wattage of appliances motors and tools that you will need run simultaneously. After that, check to see if the generator has the rating wattage that matches your needs. You can take one that exceeds your total load to be on the safer side. In case your generator is relatively small, then you are supposed to reduce your needs to the most important ones. Remember if you constantly overwork your generator, then it is likely to have a short life and you will go at a loss.
DuroMax XP10000E Portable Generator Video Review
- Putting the parts together is quite easy as the parts are well labelled and packed too. The manual is well written and easy to follow.
- It is attractive just as its photo on the advertisement.
- It is very easy to get the generator running. When people ask me how I turn on my generator I tell them it the same way I turn on my car. Runs easily on the first or second pull of the recoil starter.
- It is portable. Thanks to the wheel kit it comes with and then comfortable stow away handle.
- Its noise is bearable thanks to its super quiet muffler.
- Has a low oil protection system which roboticaly turns the generator off in case it runs out of oil. Prevents any damage should it run out of oil.
- The body is smooth to facilitate the best experience while operating it.
- The gas gallon is quite big.
- The price is inclusive of the wheels unlike some other generators out there. (note that wheels can cost around 150 dollars).
- Has an automatic start that will keep all your electric appliances running in your absence.
- Although the generator only runs on gasoline, it is good to know that gasoline is almost readily available everywhere at any time.
- If used for long continuous periods of time the generator makes a lot of noise. This can be rectified but turning it off after some time to give it a break.
- It doesn't come with an oil filter. Changing its oil from time to time will also help reduce problems associated with the lack of an oil filter.
- Model is not carbon compliant.